Tuesday, December 14, 2010

Singapore Toy, Games & Comic Convention 2010

Attended 2 events over the weekend, I shall write about STGCC first. Well, in the end I've decided to pay and take a look at the actual event to see what's the difference between this year and last year.

Actual day ticket price was $15/pax, if you have POSBank or Safra card then you get $2 off.

My ticket
Saw some cosplayers along the way and decided to walk around and take some photos first. It feels as though AFAX was still around... Here are some photos..










Soon it was time for a simple meet the fans session by AKB48. So I had to stop what I was doing to go take a look.

There were only 3 of them.
Since its free, seeing 3/48 isn't too bad right? Its like trialware, you only get limited features.
They put up 2 short performances too, I only had time to upload one of them first. Not sure what song is this anyway, any kind souls wiling to enlightened me?


Now, time for some photos from the actual event.

Some freebies
For the gamers
Cute Singas
So many capsules stations, you can turn until siao...
As usual, you can try out some console games.


Vocaloids, the usual gang

Toys were pretty much the same as what you see during AFAX.
Then there was a fashion show which showcased these models which dressed up like real size dolls.





I thought the shoes look cool
Like the feel of this
After this, there was a cosplay competition (individual) and the winner belongs to this cool machine.
The cosplay champion
After the competition, it was quite late already, I moved on to the gaming section and I saw this.
Rather innovative idea, I must say... lol...
Will stick to taking photos of her rather then trying to save her out.. =P

Try to get out and see what else is available outside, and to my shock, most of the cosplayers had already gone home and it was like only 7pm... oh man.. Took a last shot and went home after that.

My last prey for the day
More photos can be view here: STGCC Day 1

My thoughts about this event: Even though it was supposed to be a large scale event, there wasn't as many people as expected. I had lots of free room to move around all the time, unlike AFAX. The extra entrance fee may have put some people off as it was free last year. Even after paying for the entrance fee, I wasn't impressed much by what was showcased during the event and that is why I've just decided not to go again for the next 2 days.


No comments: