Saturday, December 5, 2009

Xmas Deco at Orchard 2009

Ad hoc phototaking session at ION and Taka.. Been practicing with the GF-1 these days and loving it even more these days.. Realised the limitations of the kit lens just after 2 sessions..
14-140mm anybody (S$1100)?? Not that I need alot of zoom but its like a good to have..
7-14mm anybody (S$1400) ?? I've always loved the perspective that wide lens can portray.. Right now, I'm still using my LX3 with 18mm conversation lens to cover the wide "side" and also for marco.. Its like a never ending poison.. haha..

Went there after work on Thursday.. slight rain while on my way there... Decided to park at Forum for 2 reasons, no ERP and free parking. However, when I reached there, I saw the cone on the left side of the barrier. "Ok, no more free parking." I thought to myself, and switching over to the right side so that the ERP reader can register my bike. To my horror, the screen displayed "No Motorcycle Parking". Well done, yet another shopping center that bans motorcycle from going into their carpark. What's up with everybody in Orchard banning motorcycles. Bikers have no $? Bikers are 2nd class citizens? Bikers don't shop? Exact reason why I don't go to Orchard anymore.. Got $ also no place to park..

Back to the story, I'm stuck on a 45 degree slope, away from the intercom. Well done!! Well.. no handbrake for a bike, got to engage gear 1 and switch off the engine, alight and go to intercom to call the stupid carpark folks to come and do something about this. Behind me.. 1 long queue of cars.. =) I love this kind of scene. The guy came.. mumbled some crap which I couldn't really hear, then opened the gantry. I did a U-turn and got out of the carpark.. never coming back to this place again. No place to park again.. stopped at the roadside and try to think of a place where I can park, tried to public carparks, no luck. Overflowing with motorcycles. Suddenly I thought about this place which I parked before. Palais Renaissance which is beside Orchard Towers. Took me sometime before I got to there.. turning circles around this area.. Well, at least I'm given a chance to pay for my parking. Sometimes, you got $ also no use, if you understand what I'm trying to say.

Walked to ION to meet Chris, got lost in the underpass. WTH... too long nv go orchard already.. haha.. It took me 1 hour and 5 mins from my office to reach ION. More reasons to hate Orchard? haha..

Some of my works for the night.
These facebook photos always seem to reduce the photo quality by alot. Too bad, I'm just lazy to post them again elsewhere.


LX3 with 18mm



Xmas tree outside ION



Water spraying outside ION



Deco along Orchard Road









Every mother-father's daughter's dream






Do you even know how big is that thing??



Having some fun with shutter speeds






Signing off from here


-Do u like xmas season?-

1 comment:

WhiteDusk said...

Same thing here in HK lah~ Some places just don't like motorcycles. But its definitely safer in a car, especially here...

It cost HKD20(approx. SGD3.7) to park for an hour and HKD130(SGD23.7) to park for a day near my office. Everyday I pay HKD30(SGD5.5) to use the bridge...

But cars are 1/2 price here... you win some you lose some~