Friday, November 19, 2010

Anime Festival Asia X - Day 1


Has been a week since AFAX and I'm still feeling the vibes. I had to get the tickets on the actual day since it was sold out when I tried to get them earlier on.

It is held at Suntec City again this year.Managed to reach there at 930am (which i thought was early enough, apparently it wasn't). To my horror, the queue for the tickets spanned over 2 floors, wth!? I went up and down.. only to realise that there is another queue that is from Hall 404.
Alrighty, let's start to Q up.. now.. where is the ticketing booth..?
Gosh, the queue is not really moving at all.. will I be able to make it in time for the 1030am segment by Danny Choo? I missed it last year, wouldn't want to miss it again this time round. While Q-ing up, these are what I saw.

Not sure what is this character.
(Pardon the yellow plastic bag behind)
Some exhibition going on.. oh oh..
This means that the open space on level 2 is not available for the cosplayers and photographers to interact. I can predict a big mass of human traffic stuck on level 4.

Tick.... dok... tick... dok... an hour has passed....
Finally.. I see the booth..
I'm IN !
Just in time, luckily they are still showing Mardock Scramble. Managed to catch the last 15 mins of this show.
After which a short interview was done with the creator of the show.

Alrighty, finally the man is out.
Didn't take much photos as this place was so dark and I was just listening. Got a video though.


Once the show was over, off I went to explore the place and it was already noon. First, I will talk about the fair. I didn't take much photos too because it was like so damn crowded in it...

Sega had a booth to let people have a go at a music game.
Miku~
Dead master - BRS
Itasha for Mirai
Itasha for Cool! Japan
Itasha for AFAX

Gundam Itasha
Bumped into Danny again, needless to say.
The photo is a must with the King of Otakus.
Meet and Greet with Alodia
She's a famous cosplayer in the otaku world
Cool! Japan booth - they have some products on display which hopefully will make a better life for us in the future.
One example is this scanner. It will scan and read our whatever that is on the page.
Another is this product called Winglet. You can step on it to move around easily.
Some stage performances which I managed to catch
Milky Homes
Jam Project + Mizuki  - made a short appearance
Check out the JAM in the afternoon.
After a while, the jam cease a little.. and the reason is because the management opened up Hall 404 to house the cosplayers, who had nowhere else to go in the beginning. Which was good and bad in my opinion.. Good because it can ease the JAM above. Bad is because they only turned on like... half the amount of lights in the hall, which made it pretty bad to take photos.

Spent the rest of the afternoon hunting for cosplayers before calling it a day. Here are some of my favourite photos.
Good backdrop for a shoot
I like the effect from the slow shutter
I'm not sure what are they cosplaying but I thought the attires look cute.
Cloud looks cute too.. lol..
My favourite for the day.
The angle is good.
Jumped in for this shot.
They were trying this shoot with another photographer.
Thought this attire looks good too
Azukin Cha Cha
Requested them for this angle
Got used in another blog =)
http://raistlin03.deviantart.com/journal/36312858/
Rest of Day One photos can be seen here : AFAX Day One

No comments: