Tuesday, November 9, 2010

Teenage Big Day Out Cosplay event and the power of social networking sites

I went to Day 3 of this event to check out the cosplayers and at the same time, test out my new diffuser cap for my flash. Went as early as 10am in the morning because I thought there was a red carpet event for the cosplayers. When I reached there, it was empty.

Alrighty, go have my brunch first then. Went to Food Republic and saw this family of 5 (2 parents + 3 kids) next to me. Both parents went to get the food, leaving behind the 3 kids. U know what? Each one of them has an iPad. Sibei rich hor.. I don't even have an iPhone... lol..

It was really until 12pm+ that more cosplayers began to stream in. Oh Yeah~! Time to work.. =)
The turnout is more then what I expected, kudos to those who turned out!

Let the photos do the talking instead. Indoor shoot, 20mm + Nissin Di466 most of the time.

One of the contestant.
I think she won the competition.
Miku~
I think the wig and attire is great, and the leek is real leek leh.. lol..
Black Rock Shooter~
Chuck needs to SMS ?
This is a funny shot, did you see the red plastic bag that the girl on the left was holding?
She was eating halfway when I asked her for the shot.
Another pair of contestants.
Supposed to be K-On! characters.. but I don't rem them in meido uniform?
One of my fav shots, added some lomo effect to it.
Taken with fisheye, flash with 2nd sync.
Was trying out fisheye with flash, the reach don't seem enough.
FF X-2, Shuyin and Lenne
Despite being a FF fan, I stopped playing since FFX in year 2000.
Another vocaloid
Not sure what character is this but hey. what's up with the iPad? lol..
Another shot that I like.
The wig is nice~
Pardon the papers on the floor behind, think she was reading some stuff.
More photos here if you are interested: Teenage Cosplay Album

Each time I go back home, I will wonder who to share these photos with.
I like taking photos but I guess the person being taken would also like to see what's being taken of them right... so that is where the power of social networking came to mind. I posted the album in the Teenage magazine and Sgcafe's fan page and wala~~ i found the owners to these photos~~

I made like 20 fb frens just like this? Lol.. it's good to have a name to these faces..

Now the stage is set for AFA'X ~~ can't wait for it to come.. I think it is going to be a blast!!
Check out my previous AFA'09 album here and here if you did not attend last year.

I think I shall just get the $15 pass with stage access. Don't think I can afford more time to go for the I love anisong concert.


No comments: